If you’ve ever viewed a piece of property to buy or rent long- or short-term, you’ve undoubtedly walked into a cold, empty space where you can hear the echo of your comments regarding the space reverberating off the bare walls.
Although you may not have felt the influence of the barrenness on your decision in the moment, subconsciously it shaped your ultimate decision in some way, big or small.
Those of us in the real estate business now know what a huge difference home staging makes in buying or leasing decisions. It’s as much a needed staple in the selling or rental process as that little black dress in your closet. Don’t be caught without making the best first impression possible.
Here are 5 things we know to be true about the benefits of home staging.
- Staging or restyling can save you from a costly price reduction.
- A staged home will sell for 17% more on average than a non-staged home.
- Ninety-five percent of staged homes sell in 11 days or less, which is statistically 87% faster than non-staged homes.
- Eighty-two percent of buyers’ agents said staging a home made it easier for a buyer to visualize the property as a future home.
- More than 7 in 10 agents find photos, videos and virtual tours more important since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Now more than ever, we are a visual nation, compelled by things that look good. This is not anticipated to change. Make sure your property is “show ready” in every way. Try our customized home staging and restyling services for optimal results in securing a buyer or renter for your property.